Spiti Valley via Kinnour
Shimla, Kinnour , Lahoul & Spiti valley of Himachal are the delight for travellers who welcome thrill and adventure while exploring the less travelled treasure of Himalaya. These are one of the most challenging roads of India sub continent and at time breath taking.
DURATION – 9nights/10days
SEASON – Mid May to mid September
HIGHEST ELEVATION – 4513m
REGION COVERED – Shimla, Kinnour, Spiti Valley & Manali.
HIGHLIGHT OF THE TOUR
|01||Chandigarh to Shimla||120km||Hotel|
|02||Shimla to Sarahan||160KM||Hotel|
|04||Kalpa to Tabo||149km||Guest house|
|06||Komic to Ki KibberKaza||55km||Hotel|
|07||Kaza to Chandertaal||101km||Camp|
|08||Chandertaal to Manali||150km||Hotel|
|09||Manali local sight seeing||50km||Hotel|
|10||Departure to Delhi|
Day 01 –CHANDIGARH TO SHIMLA.
We drive from Chandigarh and head to queen of the hill Shimla, it was once summer capital of British raj in India now a popular tourist destination of summer time. Afternoon time short briefing and test ride of bike . Evening free to stroll about in ridge and mall road. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
Day 02 – SHIMLA TO SARAHAN
Today we ride on Indo Tibetan highway through dense forest of Deodar forest grown in hills of Shimla, we stop in Kufri and Narkanda to have a beautiful view of Shimla region and keep riding in the valley formed by Satlujriver. Sarahan is our night halting place situated high in the mountain dominated by famous Bhimakali temple with magnificent view of ShrikhandMahadev peak a known Hindu pilgrimage area dedicated to Lord Shiva. Overnight stay and dinner in hotel.
Day 03 – SARAHAN – SANGLA- KALPA.
After early breakfast we ride in narrow valley formed by satluj river a sharp towering rocky cliffs on the both side of river and road made after cutting it. Sangal valley is blessed with greenery and scenic beauty in Kinnour region, apple orchards, wheat and buck wheat are the major crops local people grow here. Kinnour people are well kown for music and festivals. After a short visit in sangala valley we proceed our journey to reach Kalpa head quarter of Kinnour region. View of glaciers and mighty Kinnerkailash peak is breath taking from Kalpa. Overnight stay and dinner in hotel.
Day 04 – KALPA – NAKO – TABO
After completing formalities of inner line permit (for foreign guests) we ride further to upper region of Kinnour along the Satlujriver. Kinnour region is famous for its rich culture, best quality apple and grape wine. On the way we cross a small hamlet Nako which is located near the Indo-China border in the Trans-Himalayan region , Nako having thousand years old complex of temple with beautiful wall paintings made with gold.
This day we enter Spiti valley. The terrain changes from green to barren mountains.
Tabo is the town where the Holy Dalai Lama has expressed his desire to retire because of the Tabo monastery that is maintained by him. Enjoying the monastery and seeking the blessings. In evening one can participate in prayer session in tabomonastery.the night at Tabo.
Day 05 – TABO – DHANKAR- LALUNG – KOMIC.
After breakfast We head towards Dhankar monastery for some amazing view of Spiti valley and Pin valley. Next desination is Lalungvillage inLingti valley. Literally translating to the “land of Gods”, Lalung is located at the foot of the Tangmar mountains and the mountain changes its colors through wide array of red, yellow, browns depending on the mood of their God. Visit one of the oldest monastery which was built by angels in one night as believed by locals. Bear in mind not to touch the walls of this monastery as people believe that it will make the angels go away.
Now we ride up hill on a narrow road to reach Komic. – thehighest inhabitated village in all of Asia. (4513m) On the way we stop in Hikkim village and send postcard from highest post office of the world. Hikkim just happens to be the highest polling station of the world as well. If the season is right you can pick fresh peas from the farm, run behind the yak, and sit endlessly watching the locals herd their cattle. Stroll over the Komic monastery, whose claim to fame is the highest monastery in the world with a motorable road.
As the night approaches, watch the stars come up so close to you, that you feel like you can almost jump up to catch them. While mercury outside continue to drop at night, snug in to the comfort of mud homes where temperature is always comparably warmer.
Day 06 – KOMIC – KI – KIBBER- KAZA.
After breakfast with local family we head on a dusty and rugged road to reach langzavillage .Lanagza region appeal to history lovers, area is extremely rich in fossils of marine life and animals, Langza takes you back to pre historic era when Spiti was submerged in the Tethys sea. Pay tribute to the 1000yrs old Lang (temple) and wander around pre historic archaeological garden.
Now we descend down from the upper plateau of spiti valley to the meandering river side and visit Ki monastery it’s a 1000yrs old monastery perched on a hill top it’s a largest monastery in Spiti valley. After quick visit we drive again for 20mnt to reach one of the highest and picturesque village Kibber.nowits time to visit Kaza town and check in hotel.
Day 07- KAZA – KUNZUM PASS- CHANDERTAAL.
Today we ride more higher area of barrenSpiti valley passing through wheat fields and villages. We cross Kunzumpass(4500m) the gate way between Lahoul and Spiti region. And ride on a dusty and rough road to reach lake of moon Chandrataala emerald colour lake between the brown deserted mountains of Himalaya. Overnight stay in camp.
Day 08 – CHANDRTAAL – ROHTANG PASS- MANALI.
Today we ride along the Chandra river crossing over mighty Rohtang pass. As soon as we cross over Rohtang we feel moisture in air because we are entering in to green valley of KulluManali, valley of Gods, bowl of adventure sports. After a weak long time in dry land eyes and lungs get refreshed breathing in this beautiful land. Overnight stay and dinner in hotel. One can visit hot sulphur spring to have a hot bath in evening.
Day 09 – LOCAL SIGHT SEEING AROUND MANALI.
Today after a relaxed morning we ride to visit some of the interesting places around Manali. First we visit Naggar castle a castle built in mid of 16thcentury and after that visit to art gallery of Russian painter N roerich ,afternoon time visit Hadimba temple and manu temple in old Manali.
Day 10 – DEPARTURE TO DELHI.
To day we drive back to Delhi.
* tour can be customized as per the need of guest.
Total cost of package on request-
- Accommodation on twin sharing Hotels and deluxe camps as mentioned.
- All meals included (Breakfast and Dinner) as specified in the itinerary.
- Royal Enfield bikes 500cc for the entire trip from day2. Including fuel.
- One back up vehicle and one experienced mechanic from day 2 till the trip ends.
- One experienced trip leader with his separate bike for the entire trip.
- All permits and entry fees, inner line permits etc.
Package does not include: –
- Any airfare.
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- Any Insurance
- Any expenses incurred due to delays owing to Force Majeure conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- Any damage or break down of bikes during the trip.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Payments and cancellations: –
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- Cancellation charges:
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29-60 days before departure-25% of total
- 10-28 days before departure-50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure-No Refund
Do & Don’ts.
On Arrival please rest for 24 Hours, as you are travelling to High Altitude and would need time to acclimatize.
- Have plenty of drinking water or any kind of liquid (except alcohol)
- While visiting any Gompa, Please take a Lamas Permission for Photo or Video Shoot.
- Please wear proper clothing while visiting Gompas.
- For Females: No Open Hair, Short Skirts or any Short Dresses allowed at Gompa.
- For Males: No Short Pants or Sleeveless allowed at Gompa.
- Please follow Gompa Rules while visiting.
Note: Please don’t forget to take suggestion of your Family Doctor before visiting Ladakh for any kind of medicines.
- D Cold –Illness / Combiflam–Body Pain.
- Vicks Balm.
- Diamox(250mg) –For High Altitude / High Pressure.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- GluconD / Electralpowder & Camphor.
- Dependel M
- Vicks inhaler
- T-SHIRTS (preferably dry-fits) TRACK LOWERS
- THERMAL INNERS (Upper & Lower) SWEAT SHIRT
- SUN CAP & BALACLAVA TOILETRIES
- FLASHLIGHTS EXTRA BATTERIES
- SUNSCREEN, minimum 50spf SUN GLASSES
- DOWN JACKET
- PERSONAL MEDICATION –if any BACKPACK
- PEN KNIFE
- SOCKS (min.5 pairs) –Cotton & Woollen