DURATION – 7 nights / 8 days
BEST SEASON – May to October
LANGUAGE SPOKEN – Hindi, Urdu, Tibetan, English.
HIGHEST ELEVATION – 5,602m/18,380ft)
Ladakh is a land like no other. Bounded by two of the world’s mightiest mountain ranges, the Great Himalaya and theKarakoram, it is a high-altitude desert located at the western edge of the Tibetan plateau. Its awe-inspiring landscape has been modified and sculpted into its spectacular shape by wind and water over the millennia. The moon-like scenery is extraordinary: stark and barren but interspersed with isolated settlements of green oases full of swaying poplar trees, apricot orchards and cultivated farmland. Despite the rugged terrain and high altitude, the people of Ladakh exhibit a natural joie de vivre and their customs and lifestyle are a continuum from the past; these friendly and gentle people will all contribute to make your visit to this stunning area both fascinating and memorable. The vibrancy and colour of their cultural traditions can be seen in the many local festivals that take place all through the summer. Whatever you do here you can be sure of an extremely unforgettable unbeatable experience in one of the most mind-blowingly beautiful places on earth. Ladakh’s rich Buddhist heritage is on display during the annual monastic festivals at the numerous Gompas that dominate the area. Perched high up in the mountain ridges, these enchanting medieval monasteries, surrounded by fluttering prayer flags, are still places of active worship and hold treasure troves of superb artifacts, images and ancient frescoes.
Highlight of the Tour
|DAY||DESTINATION||HOTEL / CAMP|
|Day 1 :||Arrival in Leh||Hotel|
|Day 2 :||Leh||Hotel|
|Day 3 :||Leh–Khardung la-Hundar||Deluxe Camp|
|Day 4:||Hundar-Turtuk||Deluxe Camp|
|Day 7:||Pangong Tso–Chang la-Leh||Hotel|
|Day 8:||Fly to Delhi|
Day 1: Arrival in LEH
Early morning flight to Leh. Upon arrival at Leh our representative would assist you at the Airport and transfer to Hotel. Rest of the day for rest and for acclimatization as you will land directly on a high altitude of approximately 3500m. Later in the afternoon a walk around Leh town includes a visit to the Market. This walk shall help us in a getting acclimatized at this height.
Overnight at Hotel with dinner and breakfast.
Day 2: In LEH
A relaxed day in Leh town after the long journey. Leh, the capital city of Ladakh is a historical transit point for caravans of the bygone Silk Route, and still looks and feels like a trading post of the ancient past. It is an imminently accessible and fascinating locale, featuring two notable monasteries, a palace, a mosque, and countless narrow, crooked alleyways beckoning the curious visitor. To stroll through Leh, taking in its sights, sounds, and a pleasantly-manageable population of just 10,000, is to experience what writer Andrew Harvey called “the peaceful life.”The town is still dominated by the now ruined Leh Palace, former home of Ladakh’sroyal family. It also plays host to a cultural danceshow every evening. Can visit Leh palace, Shanti stupa. We take bikes and go to magnetic hill, pathar sahab gurudwara, river confluence and hall of fame for local sightseeing.
In the evening we have the ladakhi culutural show at our hotel.
Overnight at Hotel with dinner and breakfast.
Day 3: LEH –KHARDUNG–LA –HUNDER
(Distance: 37km / 90km / 90km –217km; Travel Time: 6 7hrs; Elevation: Khardung La–5,602m/18,380ft)
Starting early, we cross Khardung La, known as the world’s highest motor able passes, then deep into the Nubra Valley to the sand dunes at Hunder.
Overnight at deluxe camp with dinner and breakfast.
Day 4: HUNDAR-TURTUK (IN HUNDAR)
Further on to Turtuk crossing Siachen’s air baseThoise airport .The highlight of this trip, the remote village of Turtuk, which was once a part of Baltistan, is open to travelers. Besides the amazing scenery, there is ancient summer house ofthe Royal family of Baltistan and a monastery. We spend the day exploring the area and stay at the Turtuk Holiday Camp, a brand new property surrounded by Apricot orchards. You can see Pakistan and Karakorum Range from this village. Before 1971 this village was in Pakistan. Also Mount K2 the second highest peak in the world can be seen from this village.
Overnight at deluxe cottage Turtuk Holiday with all meals at camp included and a local guide for village tour.
Day 5: TURTUK –SUMUR
(Distance: 98km / 112km –210km, Travel Time: 5‐6hrs; Elevation: KhardungLa–5,602m/18,380ft, Leh –3,505m/11,500ft)
Starting early, we stop at the Diskit Gompa dating back to the 14th century on silk route. After visiting the monastery we head to Sumur the other side of valley for night stay. Evening can be spent leisurely at Sumur sand dunes.
Overnight at Deluxe Camp with dinner and breakfast.
Day 6: SUMUR –SHYOK –PANGONG TSO
((Distance: 80km / 60km –140km, Travel Time: 6‐7 hrs; Elevation: , Pangong–4,250m/13,943ft))
Drive to Pangong Tso–a high altitude lake in the Ladakh Himalayas. The lake is 134 km long and extendsfrom India to Tibet. Two thirds of the length of this lake lies in Tibet. The lake is 5 km (3 mi) wide at itsbroadest point. We start early and take a diversion in Khalsar village for Shyok road. It’s a newly openroad which saves one day as you don’t need to go back for Leh to go to Pangong again. Drive is verybeautiful along with Shyok River and amazing landscapes, also adventurous as well due to few waterstreams to cross on the way.
Overnight at Deluxe camp with dinner and breakfast included.
Day 7: PANGONG TSO –CHANG LA –LEH
(Distance: 82km/78km –160km, Travel Time: 5 6 hrs)
After spending the morning at the shores of the beautiful Pangong we head back to Leh crossing the second highest road in the world, the Chang La, over 5000m high..
Overnight at Hotel with breakfast and dinner.
Day 8: Fly out
(By Air, Travel Time: 1hr15mins)
Transfer to the airport to catch the early morning flight back to New Delhi.
~End of Journey ~
Total cost of package on request-
- Accommodation on twin sharing Hotels and deluxe camps as mentioned.
- All meals included (Breakfast and Dinner) as specified in the itinerary.
- Royal Enfield bikes 500cc for the entire trip from day2. Including fuel.
- Local guide in Turtuk village.
- Airport pick up and drop in Leh.
- One back up vehicle and one experienced mechanic from day 2 till the trip ends.
- One experienced trip leader with his separate bike for the entire trip.
- All permits and entry fees, inner line permits etc.
- Ladakhi cultural show on day 2 evening.
Package does not include: –
- Any airfare.
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, gratuities etc.
- Any Insurance
- Any expenses incurred due to delays owing to Force Majeure conditions or unforeseen circumstances
- Any damage or break down of bikes during the trip.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
Payments and cancellations: –
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- Cancellation charges:
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29-60 days before departure-25% of total
- 10-28 days before departure-50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure-No Refund
Do & Don’ts.
On Arrival please rest for 24 Hours, as you are travelling to High Altitude and would need time to acclimatize.
- Have plenty of drinking water or any kind of liquid (except alcohol)
- While visiting any Gompa, Please take a Lamas Permission for Photo or Video Shoot.
- Please wear proper clothing while visiting Gompas.
- For Females: No Open Hair, Short Skirts or any Short Dresses allowed at Gompa.
- For Males: No Short Pants or Sleeveless allowed at Gompa.
- Please follow Gompa Rules while visiting.
Note: Please don’t forget to take suggestion of your Family Doctor before visiting Ladakh for any kind of medicines.
- D Cold –Illness / Combiflam–Body Pain.
- Vicks Balm.
- Diamox(250mg) –For High Altitude / High Pressure.
- Personal Medicines if any.
- GluconD / Electralpowder & Camphor.
- Dependel M
- Vicks inhaler
- T-SHIRTS (preferably dry-fits) TRACK LOWERS
- THERMAL INNERS (Upper & Lower) SWEAT SHIRT
- SUN CAP & BALACLAVA TOILETRIES
- FLASHLIGHTS EXTRA BATTERIES
- SUNSCREEN, minimum 50spf SUN GLASSES
- DOWN JACKET
- PERSONAL MEDICATION –if any BACKPACK
- PEN KNIFE
- SOCKS (min.5 pairs) –Cotton & Woollen