Manali Igloo team don’t hide in warm cozy home when snow starts to fall, instead we go out in search of adventure. We have along list of winter activities available for those who don’t ski or snowboard. Our winter hikes are among one of those list that invite you to explore some of Hamta valleys most impressive and natural scenery with as little as a pair of snowshoes or hiking boots.
- Camping on snow
- Sleeping in caves of snow.
- Hiking on snow.
- Being outdoors cheers you up.
- Its great fun out on the snow.
- Hiking is beneficial exercise.
- Bound with your family and friends.
- Travel to fun destination.
- Meet new people.
- Explore new terrain.
- Connect with nature..
Duration of the snow hiking holiday – 3nights / 4 days.
Location – Hamta valley Manali.
MAX Altitude – 3300m
Day temperature – 10 C to 15C
Night temperature – 0 C to -10C
Grade – easy to moderate.
Minimum no in a group – 06
Maximum no in a group – 14
Day 01 – ARRIVAL MANALI-
Guests will be picked up from Manali bus stand and checked in hotel Keylinga Inn prini. Rest and refreshment till lunch time. Afternoon time visit for a local sightseeing around Manali. Dinner and overnight stay in hotel.
DAY 02 – TREK TO HAMTA-
After breakfast we start our trek to Hamta, its 3-4 hrs easy uphill climb between pine forests with beautiful view of the valley. Afternoon time we go for a short hike to get acclimatised to new environment. Bonfire, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
DAY 03 – To day we start our trek bit early to reach next campsite on snow in golden oak forest near water source. It’s a gradual climb between the pine and golden oak forest, We ll pitch the tents on snow, one can make snow caves if would like to sleep in ..guide can help them. Food will be prepared by our staff. Overnight stay in tents.
DAY 04 – No need to get up early because it’s quite cold in morning time. After late breakfast we start our day with short climb and after that traverse with Sorotu meadows and descend down to road head, one can do slide carefully between the forest all the way down to road head. Cabs will be ready to take you to Manali.
PRICE PER HEAD BASIS FOR 3N/4DAYS @6299 INR.
- 2 night stay in camp. (warm sleeping bags, mat and inner liner will be provided)
- 1 night stay in hotel dbl sharing with dinner and breakfast.
- 3 breakfast, 1 hot lunch- 3 pack lunch, 3 dinner and afternoon snacks and hot drinks.
- Snow dress.
- Guide charges
- Cab to pick up and drop at Manali bus stand.
- Cost of personal nature like drinks, tips, phone calls, laundry, medicines etc.
- Cost of extra service like use of potters, (@ 300/bag) special meal etc.
- Medical and insurance charges.
- Snowshoes hire charges. (hire charges @ 700/ pair)
- Walking sticks. (hire charges @50/pair)
Payments and cancellations: –
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- Cancellation charges:
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29-60 days before departure-25% of total
- 10-28 days before departure-50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure-No Refund
WHAT TO BRING ?
- Warm inner thermal, cotton full sleeve shirts, track suits, warm cap, UV sun glasses, UV sun cream, 1 pair water proof gloves, 4pair of warm socks, woollen sweater or jackets extra pair of cloth to change, head lamps, waterproof hiking boots, toilet kit and water bottle.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate who are physically fit, walking on snow needs lot of energy, so before joining kindly do some exercise at home. Children above 10 years can participate in this event.