This is the famous shepherds trail between the lush green Kinnour and the arid landscape of Spiti valley. This trail joins two completely different worlds either side of Himalaya pass, the landscape, people, language, cuisine, religion etc.
Duration – 10days, 6 camping nights and 3 in hotel.
Places visit – Shimla, Kaza, Manali.
Highest altitude – 4865m Bhabha pass
Day 01 – Meet at Shimla,
Day 02 – Drive to Kafnu (2400m)8-9hrs
Today is a long driving day to Kafnu ,so we stat early. We drive along the river Satluj and reach main town of Wangtoo, Here we cross bridge over the Satlujriver and drive further to reach Kafnu. Camp next to lake. 282km- Overnight in camp.
Day 03 – Trek to Mulling (3200m) 4-5hrs.
We start walking through a dusty track passing the village of Hompti on our left. The valley initially becomes narrow befor opening up to wide space as we reach camp site. We trek high up through pine forest and finally reach the wide meadow at Mulling with the river on our right. Overnight in camp.
Day 04 – Trek to Kara. ( 3560m) 3 hrs
Today is short trek to and we walk through the wide green valley with Bhawariver on our right. In between we cross the river and walk on flower carpeted pathways with small boulders scattered around. Overnight in camp.
Day 05- Trek to Fustirang (3975m) 3-4hrs.
Fustiring is the base of Bhabha pass. We walk ahead to the intersection of two valleys and make an U- turn in to the Bhabha valley and walk up gradually on a narrow path with glacial stream on our right to the base of Pass. A little above the camp site is a big grazing ground with horses and sheep loitering the camp site. We can go around the camp site for exploring and to get acclimatization. Overnight in camp.
Day 06 – Trek to Bara Bulder (3963m) 5-6hrs
This is the hard day .we walk over boulders, moraine, scree and rough train with no proper path to cross the Bhabha pass (4865m). On abright sunny day , this walk is amazing affording excellent view of of mountain in Pin valley. After crossing the pass it’s a steep descent all the way to Bara Bulder, the camping place for Gaddi shepherds and yak holders. Overnight in camp.
Day 07 Trek to Pharka (3710m) 4hrs.
Today we walk gradual on a well defined path crossing small settlements and many flocks of sheep to reach the small village of Pharka at the intersection the the Pin valley. In evening we can cross the river and visit Mud village (3911m) the last village in Spitivalley. Overnight in camp.
Day 08 Trek to Mudhvillage , drive to Tabo. (3050m)
To day we cross the river and walk to reach road head at village Mudh and drive to Tabo. 3hrs. Tabo has a 1000 year old monastery which is known as Ajanta of Himalaya rich with wall paintings and stucco images. We visit monastery and explore the Tabo village. Overnight in hotel.
Day 09- Drive to Kaza (2050m)
Today we drive to capital of Spiti Kaza a big town with beautiful monastery and charming market place. On the way we can visit to Dhankar monastery perched high on a cliff with spiti river flowing way below. Overnight in hotel.
Day 10 Kaza to Manali.
The drive from Kaza to Manali is a long one and we cross two high mountain passes Kunzum( 4590m)and Rohtang pass (3980m). Kunzum pass connects Spiti valley from Lahoul and Rohtang passconnects Lahoul with Kullu valley. Overnight in hotel.
COST PER PERSON BASIS AS PER ABOVE ITINERARY
2-3 PAX@ 53399/H
4-7PAX @ 35499/H
- Accomodation in tents on triple sharing basis. Sleeping bags and rubber mat will be provided.
- All meal from 1st days pack lunch to last days pack lunch.
- Guide ,kitchen staff and helper boy charges.
- Mule/porter to carry food stuff and camping gears.
- Transport charges from Shimla to starting point of trek and back to Manali from end point of trek.
- All camping & forest entry charges.
- Goods & service tax.
- Expenses of personal nature like tip, drink and laundry services.
- Medical ,insurance and evacuation charges.
- Expenses occurred due to unforeseen natural events like flood, road block, heavy snowfall etc.
- Hotel in Shimla and manali.
- poter or mule to carry personal baggage.
- Entry fee to monuments, monastery and archeological sites.
Payments and cancellations: –
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- Cancellation charges:
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29-60 days before departure-25% of total
- 10-28 days before departure-50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure-No Refund