MALANA THE DESCENDENT OF THE GREAT ALEXANDER
The trek begins at Naggar after a short drive from Manali of the left bank of River Beas. After crossing the Chanderkhani Pass (3600m), this trek gets to the Malana village, famous for its distinct and very reserved social culture. Care and respect for local customs is essential.
SEASON: April – November end
MAX. ALTITUDE: 3600m
NUMBER OF DAYS: 04 days
HIGH PASSES: Chanderkhani Pass (3600m)
TREK GRADIENT: Easy
Day 01 Manali – Rumsu Thach (2600m) 3-4 hours
The team will be transported by jeep to Naggar (21 km) from Manali. Delightfully situated on a wooded slope and commanding an extensive view of the valley, it is famous for its temples, ancient castle, and the Roerich Art Gallery. From Naggar, it’s a gradual climb up to Rumsu.
Day 02: Rumsu – Nauya Tapru (below Chanderkhani Pass) 4-5 hours
It’s a steady and gradual climb on the second day to just below the Chanderkhani Pass at Nauya Tapru. Legend has it that thousands of years ago, Jamlu (the presiding deity of Malana) was carrying a basket containing the Gods of Kullu. On the top of the pass, when he opened the basket, a very strong wind blew and the Gods fell all over the Kullu valley to their present abodes. Since then, the valley is known as “the valley of Gods”.
Day 03: Nauya Tapru – Malana (2651m) 5 hours
On the top of Chanderkhani Pass (3600m) one can have a striking view of Deo Tibba, overlooking the Malana glen and other snow-capped mountains on the Spiti border. From there one descends to Malana village. Malana comprises of two parts about a hundred yards apart.
Day 04: Malana – Jari (Road head) (1524m) – Manali 4 hours
Today’s trek is a descent to Jari. From Jari a vehicle will pick up the team and drop them in Manali.
COST PER PERSON BASIS AS PER ABOVE ITINERARY
2-3 PAX@ 13399/H
4-7PAX @ 11399/H
- Accomodation in tents on triple sharing basis. Sleeping bags and rubber mat will be provided.
- All meal from 1st days pack lunch to last days pack lunch.
- Guide ,kitchen staff and helper boy charges.
- Mule/poter to carry food stuff and camping gears.
- Transport charges from Manali to starting point of trek and back to Manali from end point of trek.
- All camping charges.
- Goods & service tax.
- Expenses of personal nature like tip, drink and laundry services.
- Medical ,insurance and evacuation charges.
- Expenses occurred due to unforeseen natural events like flood, road block, heavy snowfall etc.
- poter or mule to carry personal baggage
Payments and cancellations: –
- A minimum 50% of total on confirmation.
- Cancellation charges:
- 2 months before departure –No Charge
- 29-60 days before departure-25% of total
- 10-28 days before departure-50% of total
- Less than 10 days before departure-No Refund